Monday, March 26, 2012

Transfer! 3/26/2012

HEY EVERYONE!
 
Not much to report on this week, which is okay because I am going to be busy today.  Busy doing what, you ask?  PACKING!!  I got transferred.  We'll find out where I'm going for sure tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to Upland because only two sisters are getting moved out of their areas (me and Sister Crossley).  So pretty much we're just switching companions.  It's funny because that's what we did at sisters exchanges as well.  Guess president liked that arrangement.  I am excited, though.  I have loved.  LOVED. my time here in Spring Valley Lake, but I am ready to move on. 
There are a few things I am sad I won't be sticking around for, though.  One of them is a little girl named Madison who we just started teaching last night.  Her mom isn't a member, but she goes with a young couple in our ward.   She's ten years old and already reads the Book of Mormon all the time and undersands it surprisingly well.  She's a really cute girl.  We asked her if she wanted to be baptized and she really wants to, so YEY!  We hadn't talked about a date or anything yet, but I can see it being soon. 
I'm also really sad I won't be around to see what happens with Dino.  I'm pretty sure he's going to be baptized, so I'll just have to come back for that. 
Also Manuel.  We're not really sure what's going on with him for now.  We had dinner at a restaurant the other night and happened to bump into him on our way out.  He seemed really guarded and wouldn't set an appointment.  We decided to leave him alone for a little while and let him think about the situation more.  He texted us last night and said he'll know his schedule tomorrow so we'll call him and set an appointment.  We were very happy about that, because we didn't think he would ever contact us.  And I suppose I won't be able to let you know what happens with him in the future.  :(
Plus Carmela and other people we're teaching.  This area has come a long way during the last seven months, and I'm really grateful I got to see that.  It was almost dead when I first got here.  But it's been such a great experience and I've made so many friends here.  I'm going to miss this area, and I hope I made a difference.  It was sad saying goodbye to Jose yesterday.  And the rest of the ward.  I'm going to miss this area!  But down the hill I go. 
And then I'll let you know what happens next week.  Have a good one!
Bye!
Love you all!
-Sister Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment