Monday, March 5, 2012

January 23, 2012

I know you just heard from me on Wednesday, so it would seem that not too much has happened, but a lot HAS happened.  So the following is the events of the last four days.
Wednesday-We had that appointment with Mike and Samantha Wallace.  It was LOOOOONG.  We get there and talk to them a little and get to know them a little bit, then we ask about their religious background.  Samantha is the one who really wants us there because she wants to work on coming back to church.  We also want to teach Mike, but there are many many questions that he has about some deeper doctrine that we just don't have an answer for.  We tried to answer them while we were there, but we really just didn't know.  It became 9pm and we were like, we need to go, but he kept talking.  It started approaching 9:30 and we were like, okay we REALLY need to go.  As we were driving back home and talking about the appointment, we decided we shouldn't have spent time trying to answer his questions.  What is really important is what the Savior spent His time teaching:  having faith in Him, repenting of our sins, being baptized in His name and with His authority, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and to endure all things and keep strong until the end.  We should have spent time talking more about the Book of Mormon, because if the Book of Mormon is true, then Joseph Smith really was a prophet, that we still have prophets on the earth today and that this is truly the Lord's church restored back to the earth, and most importantly that the Savior is the head of this church and that he lives.  Then all those deeper things don't matter, because you'd have peace that you're on the right path doing the right things.  We are going to tell him that when we see him again, and then teach the doctrine of Christ.  I love being a missionary and helping people.  I hope he lets us help him.
Thursday...actually not too much happened this day.  We had a nice busy day.  Lot's of appointments.  We got a new investigator named Lourdes who's catholic and told us she's very comfortable that way.  She is so so so nice and LOVES general conference and BYU TV and loves the missionaries...she's basically already a member.  We're not sure if she's going to accept our message or not, but we're going to do our best and follow the Spirit.  If she doesn't accept it in this life, perhaps she will in the next. 
Friday-Friday was also a nice busy day.  We visited Cynthia again and set up an appointment for this week and she still seemed interested, so that was really exciting!  We finally got to count her as a new investigator, so all together this last week we got three new investigators!  YEY!
Saturday-was Sister Hicken's birthday.  We had a few appointments.  One of them was with Mike Salter, that security guard, and he still seems a little interested.  He doesn't live in our area, so we sent the referral to the missionaries there.  Hopefully they'll be able to teach him.  He was so funny.  He is so confused that we're called 'sisters' but we're not dressed like nuns. That night we had dinner with one of our favorite people in the ward, Brother Pye.  He took us to a restaurant called Mama Carpinos and ate some way good pizza.  I missed pizza.  Sister Rimington was allergic to tomatoes, so we never got things like that.
Sunday was stake conference.  They broadcasted it from Salt Lake to 88 stakes here in southern California.  I don't remember everyone who spoke, but I do remember Barbara Thompson and Elder Perry.  It was so nice. 
And then it was today, which is sisters exchange, again.  This time I'm with Sister Adney and I can't wait to tell about the adventures we'll have.  Other highlights of the week include:  1. We're moving to a new house.  The nicest house in the mission.  :)  We'll be doing that on Thursday, after exchanges are over.  2.  We have to give up our truck.  We're sad.  We liked that problematic little guy.  Oh well.  They're giving us a brand new toyota carolla.  That will be fun.  WAAAAAY better than a Chevy Malibu.  If anyone has been thinking of purchasing one, don't.  The mission bought a few a while ago, and now they're all gone because they kept breaking down. 
So that was our week.  It was nice and busy and it just flew by.  I can't believe it's already halfway through this transfer. 
I love you all.  Have a great week!
-Sister Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment