Monday, March 12, 2012

February 6, 2012

   How's things?  I hope that everyone is doing ok!  I don't have much time today, which is okay because not too much happened this week anyway.  We had a great lesson on Tuesday with Mike Salter again.  He actually read through our pamphlets and things and had questions for us.  He was really concerned about Joseph Smith and was getting pretty upset that he thinks that we like worship him or something.  We did our best to explain the role of a prophet, which upset him again and said that there is not a 'THE' prophet.  We tried to explain to him about the priesthood, which of course he had problems with that too.  And somehow it got brought back to Joseph Smith, which upset him all over again.  He was like, I don't want to talk about him, and we were like, that's okay because we weren't even going to bring him up today.  It's true!  We were just going to talk about the doctrine of Christ.  He laughed and then we read 2 Nephi 31 with him and he was so happy to know that we believe the same things that he does.  Even though he is concerned about Joseph Smith and propehts and the priesthood, he's willing to listen and learn, which is the first step.  We'll be seeing him again tomorrow.  I'll let you know how that goes next week.  We also had a couple lessons with less active members which were good. 
   On Wednesday we had interviews with President Godwin.  I love our mission president.  He is such a good example for all of us and I know he loves all of us.  After interviews we had dinner at Red Robin because someone gave us money.  Then in the middle of the night, Sister Hicken got sick with the stomach flu.  So that was no fun for either of us.  I stayed up all night trying to help her.  She was out all of Thursday and Friday and most of Saturday.  So that's why it was a rather uneventful week.  But I tried to make the best of my time by studying, cleaning, exercising, and calling the people we are working with.  She's still not 100% but I hope she gets there soon.  I'm glad I didn't get that sick.  When I got the stomach flu it was literally 24 hours.  I started feeling ill at 9pm on Wednesday, and felt completely better by 9pm on Thursday. 
   We have full schedules on Tuesday and Wednesday so we're excited.  This may be our last week together since transfers are next Tuesday and I may be transferred since I've been here for so long.  We'll see though.  I'll let all of you know next week. 
   Anyway, that's all from me for today!  Hope all of you have a great week!  Don't freeze in Utah!  It's about 65 degrees usually here. 
   -Sister Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment