Monday, June 18, 2012

Transfer Time June 18, 2012


Dear Family,

 Hello!
 First of all, HAPPY FATHER’S day to all the fathers!  Especially my father!
Well we got transfer calls on Saturday and even though I've been here for only 12 weeks, and been here less time than my companion, I am getting transferred.  I was shocked!  I didn't see that coming at all.  I was very sad to say goodbye to this ward and to everyone that I have come to know and love in this area.  It's my favorite!  I can't believe I only got 12 weeks here!  But at the same time, I am so happy that I had at least 12 weeks here.  I really love Upland and I loved the ward.  It reminded me of the ward I grew up in.  I hope that I can't come at least exchange here again before the end of my mission.  It would be even greater to be transferred back!  Doesn't happen too often, but it does happen.  We'll see. :)
Last week was pretty awesome.  I got to go back to Spring Valley Lake to see the baptism of Manuel, his wife, and one of his daughters.  His son and his other daughter aren't ready yet, but I'm sure they'll follow soon!  It was so cool to see.  It made me feel so blessed to have had a hand in bringing this family closer to Christ.  Just think, it all started because Manuel just happened to walk into church and we said hello.  So cool!  It was a very spiritual baptism.
That was our Friday night, then on Saturday, Alfonso got baptized!  So it was a pretty awesome weekend!  He was so nervous before (as I think everyone is) but when he was baptized he said he felt great!  I look forward to hopefully being able to see him and his family get sealed in the temple.  They're such a great family.  I love them a lot! 
I am so sad to leave this area!  I made a lot of special friendships during the two transfers that I spent here.  I spent yesterday packing and I still have a little today.  A lot of our last week, actually was spent in the apartment packing and organizing things, because Sister Magvandorj is flying home tomorrow.  So crazy!  I can't believe how fast time goes. 
In addition to packing, we did have a lesson with Kim, which was good.  Things are getting a little busy in her life, which I think just comes with summer.  She also took us out to eat at Benihana, which was really fun! 
I didn't get to say bye to Brother Burke, so I just told Sister Frandsen to tell him that I say he needs to get baptized!  Everyone is still out of town.  This is a short email, so I'm just trying to find things to say.   Hmmmm.   What else happened.
One of the less active members in the ward that we've been trying to see for a long time went to the hospital last week.  She's pregnant and VERY stressed so she can't keep anything down.  We visited her there and shared a message with her.  I think she was touched that we went to do that.  She has so much going on in her life right now.  Not only is she pregnant and due in two months, but she has a nine month old baby at the same time.  And a little girl who is three, I think?  And she has to work.  We just told her that during times of stress it's important to turn to the Savior.  He understands what we're going through and he will help us if we let him.  Praying is so important!  It's praying and then listening to the Holy Ghost that builds our relationship with God and what gives us so much strength when the trials come. 
 Anyway, I have no idea what will be happening at the transfer meeting tomorrow.  So many sisters are moving, anything could happen.  I just don't want to go back up to the desert yet.  I only got to be down the hill for three months!  And the desert feels exactly like Las Vegas, and I just think that place is too hot and dry and windy in the summer.  (knock on wood)  I'll be happy wherever.  It would be really cool to whitewash into the mountains!  It's about that time of year!  I will definitely let all of you know what happens next week. 
But I must be going!  Have a great week! 

-Sister Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment