Monday, April 23, 2012

SOOO Nice Here In Upland April 23, 2012

Dearest Family,

Hello!  How's everyone's week been going?  How has everyone been enjoying the warmer weather?  It's been SOOO nice here in Upland.  Of course since today is pday it's a little chilly and looks like a storm is coming, but oh well.  It's going to be warmer soon enough. 

We had a really awesome week this last week!  FIRST OF ALL Elder Ballard and three of the 70s came to talk to us, which was awesome.  He shook our hands of course.  I'm always curious to know what he sees and knows when he does that.  Someone said that Elder Holland went to their brother's mission or something and after he'd shaken everyone's hand and started speaking to them, he said 'You may not all be aware, but I just had an interview with you when I shook your hand.'  So that's kind of what I felt like shaking Elder Ballard's hand.  It was so amazing to listen to him and the other speakers!  They said all the exact things that this mission needed to hear.  One thing that Elder Bowen said was about obedience.  We cannot say we know what we're sharing is true if we are not being completely obedient, because if we really know, then we'd be obedient to all the rules.  He talked about the scripture that says 'many are called but few are chosen' and said what that's really saying is 'many are called but few are obedient'.  Elder Ballard talked a lot about obedience and agency.  He invited all of us to change ourselves and the entirety of our mission and give ourselves completely to the Lord-to truly have our will match his and to follow the spirit with exactness.  He is such a great speaker. They all were.  I was so inspired this weekend and it has made me even more excited to do missionary work. 

Speaking of missionary work, here's what else happened this week.  A new family moved into the ward:  Alfonso & Alicia Cabanillas and their four children.   I love this family!  Alicia was baptized about a year ago as was their daughter Rubita?  Robita?  I don't know how to spell her name.  Alfonso, however, has not been baptized yet, but just accepted the invitation to be baptized!  We are so excited!  We met with Alfonso for the first time yesterday and he is such a good man.  They have a great family and I can't wait for all the blessings that Heavenly Father has in store for them to be poured down upon them.  Rubita is the oldest and the rest of the kids are not old enough to be baptized yet.  We had Stake conference yesterday and the little boys were so sad because they couldn't go to primary. This is a good family and I am so excited I get to have a part of bringing their family closer to being able to be sealed eternally!  That was what they talked about a lot at stake conference.  Elder Bowen was there at our stake conference as well.  He was very inspiring to the stake and I think that they're all going to be excited about missionary work.  I wish so much that I could write down everything that everyone said, but I don't have that kind of time.  I guess I'll just have to tell you more about it later in life. 

I was a great week and this week is also going to be great.  We are seeing things slowly pick up here, and we still have a lot of work ahead of us, but we're enjoying all of it anyway.  We have sister's exchanges again this week.  I will be staying here in Upland and Sister Dodge is coming here to work with me.  My second time working with her!  It will be fun. 

I hope everyone's week is grand.  I love you all!

-Sister Stacey

PS mom-hello thanks for the email!  I loved it.  And thanks for sending dad's letters.  I was about to do that today.  Also, Grandma really is such a wonderful sweet woman and so cheerful.  I am excited to be able to sit and talk with her after the mission a little bit because that's something I've never really done and I really want to.  I sent her a letter a little while ago.  Do you know if she got it?  Anyway, love you!  I can't believe I get to call you in a month.  That time went by so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment