Monday, November 7, 2011

November 7, 2011

Hello!
     This last week was a bit of an odd one.  We were expecting it to be crazy busy, but really it wasn't.  We tried to contact all those people just about every single day, but most of them have not been home.  We went to go see Gloria on Tuesday, but she wasn't home, which was unfortunate.  But we ended up trying to see her on Friday, and she was home!  We talked to her for a long time and found out about her and her religious background.  She was raised Catholic, although she has not been to church in years.  As we were talking with her we just really felt like she had been prepared for us.  It was kind of cool.  She said that she is not the type of person to open her door when people come knocking.  But when she saw us walking up to her door, she instantly trusted us and just felt very strongly like she needed to open the door and talk to us.  She also told us that she didn't want us to ever leave.  We're so glad she listened to that prompting.  While we were talking to her we introduced her to the Book of Mormon, and read the introduction with her and a little bit of 2 Nephi 31.  She seems really excited to read it.  She said that she already believes it's true, but asked if it was okay for her to really know that for herself.  We were like, YES please find out if it's true for yourself!  We set up a return appointment for this Wednesday.  We'll see what happens.  She is going through a really tough time right now.  We just love her so much and I hope she feels that and knows that our message will bless her so much.
     So that was the highlight of the week.  One of the referrals we got from the ward tract was actually a lost inactive member.  It's so cool that they tracted into her!  They asked her if she wanted us to come by and she said yes please send me the sisters.  We went to her house and we caught her and her husband and children just as they were getting ready to leave somewhere.  She was really nice, and so was her husband.  We're excited to be able to sit down with them and talk with them sometime.  We're not sure if her husband is also a member or not.  I don't think so, but if he's not, then he seems really open to it.  We don't have an appointment set up with them, but they made sure we had all their numbers.  So that's cool. 
     We're getting excited for Daniel's baptism.  He seems like he's getting more and more excited to be baptized, and more and more nervous about what his mom and grandma are going to say.  I hope that he's able to stand up for his decision.  He's a good kid, though, and his dad and step-mom are really good examples for him.  We were at their house last night getting some stuff done for the baptism and he seems ready for it.  Guess we'll see what happens when Nov. 19 comes around.  That's so soon!  I can't believe I've already been gone from home for almost 3 months.  Time flies. 
     I don't think nything else really happened this week.  Sisters exchange is this week, so we're having our sisters activity today.  We're going to watch Tangled.  I'm very excited about that.  I get to stay in my area and be the senior companion this time.  I'm a little nervous, but also excited to see what that's like. 
     Last week, even though not much happened, was still great.  I learn new things all the time and my testimony of the gospel grows every day.  Testimonies are cool.  It's the one thing that the more of it you share and give away, the more you have. 
     Well that's it for today.  Love you all!  Have a great week!
     -Sister Stacey
 



Mom-Thanks for the updates on everyone!  I promise I meant to send a letter to Matt on his birthday, but time got away from me.  I'm still going to try and send him a letter with a belated happy birthday wish.  How's Bitner?  I just love that little guy.  I hope you're able to miss Tuacahn.  That would be so cool.  I also hope Matt uses both tickets. :)  I want to see pictures.  SPEAKING of pictures, here are some.  During lunches this week, we got bored.  So that's the weird face pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment