Monday, November 21, 2011

Email 11/21/11

Hello Everyone!
 
     The word has spread around the ward of my love of breakfast for dinner, so we have had it quite a bit and I LOVE IT.  The woman who's feeding me dinner on my birthday is excited and she makes the most amazing food so I am really exted to eat there. 
     Last week we had some really good lessons with a couple of the less active members we've been working with-Sister Burroughs and the Trenthams.  They all have the desire to go to the temple.  Sister Rimington and I came up with a great lesson on the temple and shared it with them and I really think we'll start seeing them progress soon.  Sister Burroughs has never been through before.  We found out what's keeping her from church so we know what to start helping her with now, which is great.  She really likes us.  About a month and a half ago, she invited us to her Thanksgiving dinner, so that's where we'll be this Thursday.  We're not sure how missionary work is going to go that day, so that will be interesting.  I don't see tracting going over too well, so we're not going to do that.  But another family in the ward invitd us over for dessert as well, so we're going to go there afterward.  I love this ward.  They take such good care of us.  I am pretty sure every single one of them has asked us what we were doing on Thanksgiving and if we had a place to go.  I feel so much love from the members here.  We already have a place to go on Christmas, and a couple other members asking if we had somewhere to go.
     Speaking of this ward, we had transfers this last week, which I survived.  I am SO HAPPY I get to stay here for another transfer!  Sister Rimington is still my companion, which is awesome.  We are so happy we get to stay. 
     OH YEAH AND THE BEST THING IS THAT DANIEL GOT BAPTIZED YESTERDAY!  We were so happy.  He was so happy.  It was awesome.  I am so happy we were able to be a part of it.  It was a very nice baptism.
     Other than that, this last week was pretty slow.  We're very hopeful for this upcoming week.  We have a lesson tonight with a woman who was about to drop us but we were like, NO YOU HAVE TO GIVE US A CHANCE FIRST and so she was like, yeah I really should, so now we have an appointment. It's frustrating because she has said a few times that she feels like she's being led to our church, but then she just denies it when we're not there.  I wish it wasn't that way.  Anothe woman dropped us last week because she's scared of the leadership in the church or something.  Oh well.  There are some people we'll be able to start teaching soon and it will be awesome.  Like Ken and Kim.  They're out of town this week, but he's so determined to be able to have time for a lesson next week. 
     Well that's about it from me.  Hope you all have a lovely week! :)
-Sister Stacey
 
PS MOM Sorry I didn't say something in the email last week about Matt.  I totally meant to.  It was so exciting.  I walked out of the place we email and was like OH NO.  I get so stressed about writing.  More than anything else.  There is never enough time for it, I never have pictures and even if I did there's not enough time to send them, I might leave something out, people feel ignored.  It's stressful.  And then I never never never ever have time to handwrite anything because my companion spends all day shopping.  I need to write letters.  Oh well.  One day maybe I'll find the balance.  In the meantime please just be patient.  You are, but please continue to do so, because I don't always remember everything I was going to say.
Anyway, we are definitely taken care of up here, so don't worry about that.  :)  The weather here is a little chilly.  It's been a little rainy and windy lately, but when it's doing neither of those, then it's a little warm.  I love California.  It's so nice here.  I love the desert.  I wouldn't want to live here, but I am happy this is where I am serving my mission.  About the packages, I think that if it gets there after December 1, I can call them and they will let me have it if I say it's for my birthday.  And just send it to the mission office, because they don't want us to use our residential address.  I am not sure why.  I actually don't even know what it is, because I've never had to write it.  I am SO EXCITED for my birthday.  This ward is awesome, and they'll make me feel like I have a home and a family on a day that I want it most.  I love you, mom.  Thank you for writing me so diligently.  Have a great Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment