Monday, November 14, 2011

Monday, November 14, 2011

Hello!
    We had a pretty good week last week.  We had our sisters exchange and like I said I was in charge of the area for a couple days.  It was interesting being the senior companion.  We got a lot of work done, though!  I was very happy with how well I knew the area.  I only needed to look at the map once!  We visited a lot of the referrals from the ward tract finally.  Some of them are not interested at this time.  A couple of them are not interested at all.  One of them was awesome.  Story on how they got found:  our former bishop (the bishopric changed three weeks ago) anyway, I told him what street we wanted him to tract and he said he wanted to go to a different one so I said if that was what the spirit was telling him to do he better go.  So while he and his wife were tracting that street, a man drove past them.  They heard the car stop and then start backing up.  The man rolled down his window and asked if the were mormons. Of course they said yes, then he said he has been thinking a lot about investigating our church and joining. He said he has a lot of lds friends and he's been very impressed with them.  Bishop told him what time church started and he said he would try and be there.  He wasn't.  He was out of town.  But then he said his friends told him that he would have to give up chewing tobacco to join the church and he was like, yeah, I know.  So that was exciting.  So I met them during sisters exchanges and they seem really excited.  I invited them to a church tour we were doing on Saturday and Ken said they would be down the hill for business.  He paused a minute then said, but don't think that means we're not interested, because we are.  (him and his wife Kim.)  I cannot wait to teach them.  Transfers are next week and I hope I get to stay in the area so I can teach them.  Can't wait to tell you how that goes.
    Nothing else really eventful happened this week.  Still just loving missionary work.  Well...most of it.  Yesterday, Sunday, as is the day that comes before Monday, was a new experience for me.  The bishop thought we had high counsel speakers, but it turns out we didn't.  So we're all content and happily existing at church.  Until after the sacrament.  Do we see where this is going.  Bishop stands up and explains the situation.  I knew exactly what was coming next.  He invited me and my companion up to the stand to fill in the time until the rest hymn.  Cute.  My companion didn't hear at first, but one look at my face and she knew exactly what they had just asked us to do.  Spontaneously called on to speak during sacrament meeting.  That was a first.  I am SOOOOO thankful that I am a missionary.  I realize that probably was read sarcastically.  But I am actually being serious.  Since I am a missionary, I actually had words to say.  How can you not when you study the word of God every single day, and have experiences every day that strengthens your testimony.  It wasn't so bad.  That being said, I hope to not experience that again.  But if I do have to I know I'll live to tell the tale. 
    That's pretty much it for today.  Just want everyone to know that my birthday is in 20 days.  That is all.
    Love you all!  Have great week!
     Sister Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment