Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Interesting Week May 7, 2012


Dear Family
 
Hello!  How's things?  How's the weather?  What's new? What's changed?
 
We had a rather interesting week here.  Not too much has happened since Wednesday.  Sister Frandsen and I both got some weird bug that had us down for a little while.  But even with that we still had a few lessons.  We taught Amanda...I may have talked about this last email.  I can't really remember because emailing on Wednesday threw me off.  Oh well.  You're going to have to read about it again if I've already talked about it.  We taught Amanda about the Plan of Salvation.  Finally.  It seems like we've been trying to teach her that for the last five weeks.  We kept scheduling lessons with her and things would come up.  We really felt like she needed that lesson because it would help her think a little more about the things we've been teaching her and if it is something that is important for her.  I think she really felt the spirit during that lesson and seemed to ponder what we were saying.  She even said the prayer at the end of the lesson, which was awesome!  We'll see her again this week a couple times, so we're excited.
 
We taught Brother Burk again this week.  We decided to teach him a lesson that would help him feel the spirit so that he would open up to us more.  We read President Uchtdorf's talk, You Matter to Him and watched a mormon message about the atonement and talked about that a little bit.  He opened up to us a lot.  He told us that he's stubborn and he knows it.  He knows the things about himself that he needs to change.  He asked us to be patient and not give up, although he said he won't be ready for a long time.  He's a very kind man but yes, he's also very stubborn!  We'll be patient because we can see the light coming into his eyes, especially as we focus on Jesus Christ.  I think that's the best way to help people feel the spirit is to talk about the Savior and helping them to understand the Atonement better. 
 
An interesting thing we got to do on Saturday was go to the temple a second time last week!  We went to do baptisms for the dead this time with a recent convert in this area named Lynn.  I think she really enjoyed it.  The spirit was so strong there.  Coming on a mission has definitely helped me realize how important temple work is.  GO TO THE TEMPLE OFTEN.  It's blessings for you and blessings for those in the spirit world.  Win win.  :)
 
OH YEAH I'm staying in this area another transfer with Sister Frandsen.  That was good news.  And other than that, not much else has happened this week.  I am very looking forward to Mother's Day and calling Mom and Dad.  And also Happy Mother's Day to Grandma Rowley.  Wish I could call and talk to you too, but I can't, sadly.  I love you!
 
And I also love everyone else.  Have a grand week!
 
-Sister Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment