Monday, December 26, 2011

Happy Birthday Sister Stacey 12/05/11

HELLO EVERYONE!
    
     And thanks for all the birthday wishes!  It has been a grand day so far.  This last week was also pretty awesome.  Despite this insane cough I have had for the last week and a half.  It feels like it's here to stay. 
     There is a less active woman we've been helping a lot because there is a lot of stuff that she can't do on her own, so we've been helping her decorate her house for Christmas, which has been so much fun!  She called us up last night and said that she was able to get a real Christmas tree for us, which we love.  Our house is starting to look a little Christmasy, and less depressing.  We made some ornaments for it out of paint chips.  Because paint chips are free.  :)
     We also taught Adriana last week.  She used to be a member, but left the church.  I think she's gotten to a place in life now where she sees that she needs to come back.  She asked us to give her the lessons because she wants to know that it's true.  She said she knew it was true once, but then stopped believing.  She's been praying a lot about it recently, and keeps getting the same answer:  don't doubt what you know.  I think that's really hard for some people.  She has really great faith, but somehow can't see it as being enough.  We were not meant to have a perfect knowledge in this life.  We have been studying a lot to find things to help her, and it's been cool even during my personal studies to have things stand out to me that I feel impressed to share with her.  The Lord loves her a lot.  He loves all of His children and I love being able to be a part of their journey to come closer to Him. 
     We also got a new investigator last week.  Her name is Rebeca Gray.  She moved in with her grandparents who are in our ward.  She grew up lutheran, but said that she loves the different feeling in their house and wants to know if the church is true.  We had a lesson with her on Friday and left her with the assignment to read 2 Nephi 31-33, which she not only read them, but studied them with her grandma verse by verse and wrote down her thoughts and impressions.  AND she also started her own personal reading and got through 1 Nephi 1-10.  And all this by the time we saw her on Sunday morning.  She is so eager to learn.  She's 21 so we can relate to her a little more than everyone else we've been teaching.  I'm excited to see what happens with her.
     I have loved hearing about how everyone is doing.  Sounds like being home is pretty fun right now.  But I'd rather be here.  I'm never going to have this opportunity again, to serve the Lord and represent our Savior during a holiday that is all about Him.  It's really neat.  We had a lesson on the Atonement in relief society yesterday which was really good.  I love our Savior.  The more I study about Him and the Atonement the more I understand and realize how important His life and everything that He did was.  There would be no point in anything we do if He had not come.  I love Him and I know He lives.  I want to share this with everyone and help them understand what He's done for them. 
     Anyway, that's all I have time for this week.  I love you all!  Have a fun December and Christmas!  Talk to you next week!

-Sister Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment