Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Highlights 11/05/2012


Dear Family,

Hello, everyone!  I'm glad to hear that my east coast family is all safe and didn't experience any damages.  But while you've been having crazy weather, it is still hot here.  Which is okay I suppose.  It's A LITTLE cooler. 

This week was crazy!  Highlights:

-We had a lesson with a girl named Wisdom who set a baptism date for the 24th!  It was our first time meeting with her, and she seems very excited about it!  Problem:  she moves.  A lot.  In fact she may or may not have just moved to Chino.  She doesn't really have a place of her own, so she lives with various friends.  We were explaining to her that she's going to have to be taught by missionaries wherever she is at, and she seemed a little sad about that.  We're still confused about the whole situation, but hopefully we'll get it sorted out soon.

-Halloween was fun!  We went tracting earlier in the day and met a few people who seem really interested!  We'll go see a few of them this week.  We did set up a return appointment with one of them for later in the week which has almost never happened for me.  So we were excited!  Except for when we got there, all he wanted to do was bash. -_-  He asked us what we wanted to talk to him about, and literally after 8 words, he interrupted and started telling us we were wrong.  And then wouldn't stop talking for the next 75 minutes.  I don't love it when that happens.  When he paused I just briefly shared my testimony of the Book of Mormon and how I came to know it was true and that started him off again.  But we FINALLY got out of there.  I am sad for those people.  I don't like how the spirit just completely leaves during those conversations because they drive it away.  But I also knew that I would have the spirit back once we left his house.  I'm thankful for my testimony.  I'm thankful that I know what it feels like to feel the spirit.  I liked in conference when someone said that a witness from the Holy Ghost is more powerful than even seeing a heavenly being.  It made me think of Laman and Lemuel.  They saw an angel, and still weren't converted.  Having a witness from the Spirit that something is true is something I just can't deny.  Hopefully he'll understand what that feels like one day.  He prayed for us to stop being 'gullible'.  We may not know everything, but we know our message is true. 

-We also are teaching a family that has two children who aren't baptized yet.  Nosa and Tyler.  They're good kids and it's been fun teaching them.  They also have a baptism date on the 24th.  Yesterday their dad asked what he needed to do to become and elder, and also when the temple prep classes will start up so they can go to the temple.  YEY!  It's awesome when people decide to devote themselves more to the Lord.

-We also set a baptism date with Lupe Hernandez.  She will be baptized on Dec. 1.  We were very excited about that.  She is so sweet and she was able to get sundays off! 

-We had a lesson with a woman named Veronica who lost her daughter about three years ago and was filled with so much sadness all this time.  She asked people questions all the time about what was happening with her daughter and whether she would see her again, and everyone gave her different answers and none of them seemed right to her.  We taught her the plan of salvation, and she said for the first time in a long time, she felt happy.  She felt so much peace and said she knew what we were saying was true.  It's so wonderful to see people feel the spirit and experience the peace and joy that comes with that.

-And besides all that, we have so many people we met last week who set appointments with us for this week that seem very excited to learn.  Can't wait to let you know about them. 

Well I hope you all have a great week!  I love you all!

-Sister Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment