Monday, January 16, 2012

Email from Megan 1/02/12

HEY EVERYONE!
   Well it's a new year, in case anyone wants to know.  I officially get to say 'I go home next year'.  It feels about the same as when I said I'll be going home in 2013 while it was still 2011.  Plus also I am jealous of everyone who got to participate in the nerf war.  I wish I had a Nerf gun.  Out here.  
   ANYWAY whilst skyping last week I couldn't help but notice that dad was unwell.  I felt bad about this, since he is my father and I love him, but was secretly glad I was not at home, because I hate being sick.  Well I have some news that should be interesting, perhaps even alarming, to you, and you should prepare accordingly.  
   Viruses travel through cyberspace.  I can prove it, because I got sick.  
   Dec. 26 was just Pday as usual.  At about 11 pm that night, Sister Rimington got sick with the stomach flu.  She was down all the next day.  I felt badly for her and helped where I could, but I spent most of the day out of our room.  At about 9PM Dec. 27, I, too, got sick with the stomach flu.  The next day, Dec. 28, we spent on the couches trying not to be so sick.  Fortunately the sisters who live in the same house as us were willing to help us out and get us anything we needed.  We all just stayed at the house that day, since they were covered in our germs and didn't want to get anyone sick.  Thursday morning, Dec. 29, one of the other sisters got sick.  So we had to stick around and help her out and also we were still covered in germs and didn't want to get any of our investigators sick.  Then we had to deep clean our house to get rid of all the germs and stuff so that no one else would get sick.  The moral of this story is that we didn't see anyone this week, because we were all sick.  So this is going to be a rather short email.
   Transfers are tomorrow, and Sister Rimington will be leaving the area.  I will be staying here again.  I am nervous to get a new companion, but also excited for the change.  I will be the senior companion, so that will be interesting.  I am excited for all the new opportunities I'll have for learning and growth this next transfer.  What a great way to start off the new year.  
   Yesterday at church a couple of the talks were about setting righteous goals, and I liked a thought one of the speakers had.  Our most important goal we have in this life is to gain eternal life.  The goals we set, our own personal goals, should reflect that.  We can experience more fulness of joy when our goals and our desires match what Heavenly Father wants for us.  These last few months have been some of my happiest months because I am being more obedient and trying even harder to stand as a witness of God and share my testimony.  Another one of the speakers said 'obedience is the cure for everything' and I just think that's true.  Obedience truly brings blessings.  Blessings make you happy!  
   Anyway, that's all from me for this week.  I can't wait to see who my new companion is and to try different things to help this area progress.  Love you all!  Happy New Year!  OH YEAH and our mission office address just changed, so mail things to the following address:
Sister Megan Stacey
California San Bernardino Mission
6541 Woodruff Pl.
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91701
BYE!
-Sister Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment